Dates Sunday October 8-12, 2023
Outrigger Kona Resort
Big Island of Hawaii, Kailua Kona
Ironman World Championship on Saturday October 14, 2023
Your registration fee includes:
· Up to 24 hours AAFP CME Credit-20 hours Didactic and up to 4 hours if you volunteer in the Ironman Medical Tent on race days
· A chance to win a slot in the 2024 Ironman World Championship
· Special presentations by the Legends of Ironman
· Certificate of Attendance
· Full buffet breakfast daily in the exhibit hall
· Mid-Morning breaks
· Lunch presentations by our sponsors*
· Welcome Reception Buffet Dinner for 2
· Complimentary Symposium T Shirt
· Complimentary Medical Tent T-Shirt for volunteers
· Free Pair of Hoka running shoes*
· Lots of swag from our exhibitors*
· Optional swim clinics
· Discounted room rates at the Outrigger Resort starting at $249 Night
· Discounted parking for guests and off-site attendees.
· Resort Fee reduced to $15 (normally $30) for guests
· Discounts on Avis Car Rentals
· Services of the Ironman Symposium Staff
And all taking place on the spectacular Big Island of Hawaii!
Join us in 2023 for awesome CME, exercise, meet new colleagues, make friends, explore the island and of course the two Ironman Word Championships. A totally unique CME Experience.
Read the latest update on the new race format from Ironman
Dr. Bob Sallis, Conference Chairman
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Fontana, CA
Earn up to 8 hours CME when you volunteer to be a part of the Ironman Medical Team.
Earn up to 24 hours AAFP CME Credit
Each year we offer a chance for attendees to enter a drawing to win a chance for a race slot for the following year's Ironman World Championship
Each attendee receives a free pair of Hoka Running Shoes
To be Announced
Join us for the 33rd Annual Ironman®World Championship Medical Symposium – a must-attend event for medical professionals with an interest in Primary Care/Sports Medicine and treating endurance athletes at all levels.
The Ironman®World Championship Medical Symposium is a non-profit, accredited annual five-day Continuing Medical Education event for medical professionals with an interest in sports medicine and treating endurance athletes at all levels. The conference is the only authorized Ironman®sanctioned sports medicine conference.
Who Should Attend?
The conference provides CME for physicians from the fields of Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Emergency Medicine, PM&R and Orthopedics as well as Physical Therapists, Athletic Trainers, Physicians Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Exercise Scientists and others who care for athletes and/or patients who engage in regular athletic activity.
Earn up to 24 Hours AAFP CME Credits ( 20 hours classroom, 4 hours if you volunteer in the Medical Tent on race days.
The purpose of this course is to present cutting-edge information in the areas of sports medicine, exercise science and common sports related injury and illness that family physicians can directly apply to the care of their active and athletic patients. At the conclusion of the course, participants will be invited to apply lessons learned to the care of athletes competing in the Ironman® World Triathlon Championships as volunteers in the Ironman® Medical tent. They will be allowed to volunteer for 4 hours in the tent under the direct supervision of the Ironman® Symposium Faculty. This 4-hour “mini-internship” allows the participant to see hands on application of the material learned in the course.
Check out this great video